~~This Time It's Different by Evans Blue~~

Language Barriers?

Wednesday, October 10, 2012

~~Thoughts on Beauty and Society: A Thoughts Post~~

There is a kind of beauty in isolation, you know. A beauty that revels in grief and hides from truth. In isolation, one is moved only by oneself, seeking only to do what one desires. I, who has dwelt in isolation for a long time, understands this concept. I revel in the beauty of my own mind, and every moment I am grateful I am trapped in a mind that finds such happiness in the darkness. I am so grateful to be in this mind of grief and pain and sorrow and love. As, even in the darkest parts of me, there can be beauty and there can be happiness.

I am beautiful, even though I do not match any conventional forms of beauty in this day and age. I am not skinny, my hair is chopped short and always has a bed-head-style look, my breasts are by no means double D's, my legs are not toned and muscular, I do not wear make-up, my lips are commonly chapped, and my teeth never were the best.

And yet, I'm beautiful. Not only in my eyes, but in the eyes of those I love. I am constantly told how beautiful I am, even with all the parts of me that just aren't what society calls beautiful. All they seem to see as beautiful is Barbie-skinny, long hair kept all neat and tidy, and unending pairs of skinny jeans. Erm, don't even get me started on how I dress. Oh, nevermind, let me tell you....I wear a lot of jewelry--mainly black jewellery  all kind of ornate and stylish; my favorite accessory is a kind of knee-length black shawl; I wear rather tight slacks that flare out at the calves; and all of my shirts are usually quite low cut. Yeah....Modesty was never really my thing. Getting attention is incredibly easy when you dress like me, in all dark colors and black and silver jewellery.

I pride myself on dressing differently. I only own ONE pair of jeans. And those are only because they're incredibly comfy and cling to my legs in a very nice way.

Yes, I do "dress to impress." Why not? If you got it, flaunt it, as the saying goes. And I would like to believe that I got it. I always try to be sexy, to dress well, and to stand out. My mom told me that, with my attitude and style, I will always stand out. I'm always going to try and be different, because I'm me and I'm definitely not the norm. I don't fit into any real group. I'm not really a geek, not really a gamer, not really a nerd, not emo, not goth, not scene, not submissive fully, and I am not always Dominant.....I don't fit with any one stereotype.

Yay, I can't be labelled? God, I hate society--we all seem to crave LABELS. Geek. Nerd. Prep. Goth. Emo. Scene. We all want to fit in to something.....And I GET that, of course. We want to be a part of something bigger than ourselves, so we not only know who we are, but we also are safer in our numbers. We just want to be safe, and have at least some idea of who we are. I don't judge anyone who seeks to be labelled. I myself have sought after a label, just because I didn't want to be alone....

Anywho, I do hate people who hate other labels. I hate that...I don't GET IT. We're all people, kiddies. Why do we even discriminate? Just because Guy A plays a lot of video games doesn't mean he should be picked on by Guy B, a member of the football team. Gamer being picked on by jock. That's just way too cliché. Okay, so Girl A is being picked on by Girl B because Girl C said Girl A is a slut. Yep, rumors....Still cliché. God, in this day and age, what ISN'T a cliché  AND DEAR CLICHÉ:  Stop having the accented e. It's annoying.

I just.....Don't enjoy all the issues the modern era has brought with it. Less communication. Easier wars. Better weapons. More ways to waste time. More ways to commit crime. More ways to kill the planet. More
bad things....

I know good things came out of this too, but....Do they outweigh the bad?

I really hope they do, my loves....I really hope they do. All the medicine and equality, all the inventions....So much has changed. Can we still live by the old laws? Or has mankind's technology exceeded the point at which it can truly be governed any more by the tenets we're used to?

I believe it has. So much has changed.....So much has changed. I'm learning a lot in history class actually--even though Canadian history bores me, there's still interesting spots. So much we have done in support of king and country--THAT quality at least is admirable.

By the gods, loves!

I love this world, all the craziness....All the insanity...I even love this society! It gives me something to think about.....

I must finish cleaning my room, dear loves.

Au revior!

No comments: