~~This Time It's Different by Evans Blue~~

Language Barriers?

Wednesday, July 4, 2012

~~Accursed Daydream~~


I whisper to you, “Do you see me?”
I feel you take my hand
And whisk me away
To the private halls
Of your accursed kingdom:
My new home
I awaken late at night
Think upon the darkened dreams
And wonder when you
Will come to me again
But then I look
Around me, with a smile
And recall where I am
Your rooms, your home
Where you dwell with me
Never far, never close
But never where
I can touch and be touched
Until you choose
To approach me
I whisper
As I wander: “Where are you?”
And you respond
The sound a calling cry: “Within you
“Your soul, your mind
“I am you.”
I collapse
To my knees
Open the curtains
And leap
Into the daylight
Leaving you
And the darkened halls and accursed rooms
Behind me.
I flee into uncertainty
Into the wildness of an uncharted land
But there are others there
People who touch and touch me
And I delight in it
Feeling the world
Around me widen
Welcoming me
To its shores.

No comments: