~~This Time It's Different by Evans Blue~~

Language Barriers?

Saturday, June 30, 2012

~~A Remnant of the World~~


I dance
Alone and in your arms
I weep
Always witness
And am witnessed
I close my eyes
I open them again
The weight
Collapses
The arms
Break
The legs
Falter
The staircase
Of smooth marble
Crumbles like clay
I whimper and force
My legs
To bear my weight
There isn’t much desire
Left within me
To stand up again
I close my eyes
Tighter
This time
And force myself
To hold back
Hold back the scream
The ferocious
Howl
Of ferocity
Of grief
Of terror
And of bitterness
Must I dance much longer?
Must I keep the pace?
Or can I stop
Halt
And finally
Get a second
To rest my aching feet?
But no, I doubt
That I can halt
This awful rhythm
The dint of time
The dint of freedom
Summer has come again
And with it an ending
To all responsibilities
I do not place upon myself
Oh, haha
There are always responsibilities
Always things to be done
And the rhythm
Cannot halt
The oiled wheels
Will only run faster
And I can
Barely
Keep up
But I must
Even though
The seductive world
The world of beauty
Of absolute freedom
Love
Without measure
Hate
Without end
They call to me
Raphael
Alakina
Stepha
Raven
Jace
Nikita
Kakana
Dana
My Figments
Figments of my imagination
Angels, good and true
Dressed in the vestiges
Of a desirable madness
I keep the barrier
Strong
I keep the worlds
Apart
For if they are
To truly collapse
And become one
I will fall
I will collapse
At the side of the train track
A victim
Of time
And a remnant
Of the world
That had once been

No comments: