~~This Time It's Different by Evans Blue~~

Language Barriers?

Sunday, May 27, 2012

~~An Ode to Silence--A Ramble~~



I can't.

I'm just lying here in bed, feeling the wind, feeling the sky. I feel the darkness, but I also feel the light. Memories flow thicker and sweeter than blood, and my tears taste of copper. The cuts on my skin seem to flow with an inner light.

I lift from my dreams, and think...

Who am I?

No one and everyone.

Alive and dead.

Sinner and saint.

Beautiful and ugly.

True and false.

Real and fake.

I am alive and I am alone and I am dead and I am by his side.

I feel faint but I feel strong.

I'm me.

Does anyone care to change me?

The anger that leaps from my lips has the strength to shatter the world, and the grief that falls from my eyes has the power to drown it.

And the words of comfort that slip like honey from my lips? They can soothe, cool, heat, boil, and tempt anyone. They are words of support, of adoration, pride, and worship. I can call and I can claim and I can be anyone and I am anything I want to be.

Why?

Because I have learned not to speak.

I know the words to say, but I choose to keep them to myself, demonstrating by action instead. I make no claim to wisdom, nor to greatness, but I fight to prove myself nonetheless. I will prove myself, earn the name that lies upon my silken flag: Angel.

I am Angel. I am Dumah. I am Angel of Darkness, Angel of Despair, Angel of Lust, and Angel of Beauty.

I have danced across the stars.

I have sung the songs of sorcery.

I have leapt from the highest cliffs into unforgiving waters.

I have written the stories of angels and demons.

And now, oh delectable reader, I have one last thing to say....



No comments: