~~This Time It's Different by Evans Blue~~

Language Barriers?

Wednesday, May 9, 2012

~~My Dreams--Life Post~~

I've been thinking, drifting, wondering where I want to go, where I want to be...I've been letting myself drift, wander, let everything slip away into dreamland....I haven't been paying a great deal of attention to the world. I never have and I truly doubt I ever will.

Perhaps I'm not focused on the big picture, perhaps I have created my own little hidey hole, a place where I intend to stay and to eke out a humble (okay not so humble, I am quite full of myself) existence. I know I was never one of the most environmentally conscious, socially conscious, or...basically CONSCIOUS members of this wonderful little species, but I'm certainly one of the oddly most entertaining...

What has been on my mind?

My dreams. My future. I want to run a book store. A used book store. One with a lot of personality to it...A little coffee corner where you can get coffee, cookies, maybe some sandwiches and cheap lil snacks; shelves on wheels that can push off to the side at night and the opened up space can be used as a kind of club; tables set up outside where you can sit outside; anything from rock and roll to classical music pumping out the speakers (customers can pay to choose the songs that are played); odd little books picked up from various places, all the very old ones; my own novels standing proudly at the front of the store; eBooks selling online to generate a bit more extra cash; a lovely husband to help out; two kids, a boy and a girl....

That's my dream.

I want to run a book store.

I know it'll be hard, and I know that it won't generate a good income, and that I'll need to work my ass off for a decade before things are finally able to settle down and I'm well established. I know it'll be risky. I know it won't pay as much as a lot of other jobs.

But curse it I want to.

I'm going to work a huge amount this summer and every summer that follows, get jobs, and save up for my future. Currently I think I'm sitting at around 800 bucks saved up, and oh I'm definitely putting every penny of that cash towards my future. I don't care what I'll need to do, I want to chase my dreams...

And people, running a used book store....

What more of a perfect job could there be for a girl like me?

I love you guys, and sorry I haven't been posting as much....x.x

Be well and safe, dearest readers.

Until we meet again....

No comments: