~~This Time It's Different by Evans Blue~~

Language Barriers?

Sunday, March 4, 2012

A Tale Written On A Plucked Feather

It felt like I could barely stand
My legs were shaking
The room spun before my eyes
I was dripping sweat
What if they laughed?
What if I cried?
I looked out at their faces
At Saira, Ian, Amanda
Domenic, Alexander, Adam
Saquan, Mohammed, Mckayla
Amber, Sun-Jung, Dan
Elaine, Umair, Ted
Out at all of them
At the ghosts, the shifting forms
Of all those there for me
And all those who used to be
And the forms of ones who will be there
My face was blushing red with shame
Hot tears were falling from my eyes
And I couldn't sop being afraid
But I began to speak
And I said:
I come to speak with you today
Because I am a child of none
Lover of many
And slave to a few
I come to bare my scars
And confess my dark tale
I come to you seeking atonement for my deeds
Seeking the knowledge
That I have spoken
And told my story
I come because of a Sharpie
A webcam
And a man so far away
I come because of a bitten tongue
Dripping black blood
I come because of a hand
Seeking the centre
And a leg's helpless twitch
I come because of a drop of blood
Leaking from a scabbed-over cut
I come here because of a scream
Echoing into the unforgiving night
I come because of a small cloth
Stained with makeup and fluids
I come because of eyes
Drifting shut in misplaced trust
I come because of a song
Drowning out the world
Causing tears to fall
I come because of memories
Of better and worse times
I come because I am me
And I will find my path again
They listen to my words
Watch me collapse to my knees
And they crowd around me
I shut my eyes
Trying to shut out the coming laughter
The coming words of disappointment
And hatred
But they do not come
Every one of them
Lays upon me
A single finger
And lifts me to my feet
To stand by their sides again
And as one they murmur
Voices soft as thunder:
We
Are
Proud
Of
You. 



No comments: