~~This Time It's Different by Evans Blue~~

Language Barriers?

Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Sonnets Selection V. 1

I WISH I WAS ALONE
Can you just leave me be?
I need to get out of here
I wanna be here silently
Alone in all my fear
But I'm surrounded by so many
And I don't think I can go
Behind me there's a student that's new
And beside me a girl I barely know
She's texting my friend and she can't spell
And I don't know what to do
I want to get back to my cell
But there's nothing I can do
Please just go away!
And don't come back another day

It plays, so sweet and sad
It flows like a gentle river through my mind
Somehow it makes me feel so free and so glad
And away of all the things I'd left behind
For the first time I let the tears fall
And I smile at last a true smile
My world shatters from inside my wall
And I feel for a while
That I do truly live
That this isn't a lie
That I have more to give
And that it's not time to die
So, sweet Lilium, I listen to you
And I know that staying strong is something I can do

DISCONTENTED SILENCE
You know, I think I should speak
But there's nothing left to say
My voice is far too weak
I'm not getting what I want today
So I'll just last without a word
And try to recover from last night
If I spoke, I know I wouldn't be heard
So why bother putting up a fight?
I'll just try to remain content
And hide the agony within
Delight in the peace my music has lent
Me, a girl who's soul she cannot win
So leave me here
In my silence and my tears

UNKNOWN AND UNLOVED
You know, I can't help thinking how great it'd be
If I wasn't cared about
At least not by so many
There'd be a lot less doubt
I've found a lot of friends
People who want to keep my safe
But I know things gold always end
And that bonds of love eventually chafe
There is always so much happening
I can scarce think straight
And I am barely sleeping
To get from here I just can't wait
But I know that you would miss me
So I'll stay to avoid causing you agony

A SHAKESPEAREAN SONNET
As I sit here in class
I think on Romeo and Juliet
How Tybalt seems to be an ass
And try to correctly pronounce 'Capulet'
This is certainly amusing me
Except for this idiot headache
And this morning's cold bitter coffee
Now I find it hard to stay awake
But I've gotta focus
There's a test on this later, after all
I wonder why they chose this
This play on the danger of love's call?
I wonder if it's because of me
Me, because of all my lonely agony

No comments: