~~This Time It's Different by Evans Blue~~

Language Barriers?

Sunday, November 6, 2011

Goodbye Emily V

Hold onto me tight now
We’re going off the rails now
Losing my mind
Leaving you behind
I can’t stay here
Can’t stay with you in all this fear
Yeah, sure I love you
But there’s nothing I can do
It’s my time to go
And no one will ever know
The reason why
I leave you here, make all my promises a lie
Emily, Emily, Emily
Please just forgive me
I can’t do this anymore
I’m stepping off the shore
And walking into the water ‘til I drown
The wings lost, I’d hit the ground
I am gonna die
So now I’ll tell you goodbye
Goodbye forever, I’ll never come back
All the things that you did lack
I hate you for them now
I’ll make you pay for my heartbreaks somehow
So get used to losing me
And in all my agony
I never meant to let you go
And I will never know
Why I wanted to remain so long
And there is so much that is wrong
There’s nothing left that is right
And we’re going to die tonight
Farewell my beautiful girl
Watch my wings unfurl



AUTHOR'S NOTE: This poem is a vent. Nothing more. Emily is unable to handle being in a relationship with reasons I can understand, so I am not at all angry with her. I know why she can't be mine, and I will not pressure her in the least bit. But it just majorly sucks that I cannot truly own her. I wish she was mine. I would do whatever it takes to make her mine. But I can't.

I can't.

I love you, Emily.

Goodbye.

No comments: