~~This Time It's Different by Evans Blue~~

Language Barriers?

Wednesday, October 5, 2011

You

You're so strong
A bit of right in a world of wrong
You're an amazing friend
May we never end
Thank you for everything
You're the refrain in the song that I sing
Sweet little angel
Never fall to hell
I'll keep you safe, I swear
And on the other side of this darkness, there's safety there
Take my hand
All your agony I can understand
Stay with me
I'll set you free
I love you
You and the things that you do
My sweet little girl
One day your wings will unfurl
And you will finally freely fly
So please tell me you don't want to die
If I lost you
I don't know what I'd do
Don't forget how much you mean to me
And that even though you want to be free
I would die if you were to go
A life without you I don't want to know
And all your thoughts of suicide
Prompted by the agonies within you try to hide
I will listen to them, and weep
Praying that in your sleep
You do not dream
That all the agony in your eyes that does gleam
Will not take you every night
Holding you prisoner until the morning's light
In truth, I fear for you
I don't know what to do
Are you okay?
Do you want to live for another day?
Please tell me, even if it's a lie
That you don't want to die
If we were to lose you
I know what so many of us would do:
We would slowly die
And this is not a word of a lie
I wish I could be you
Do the things that you do
You're so sweet
And with every beat of your heart
Someone is bound to start
To realize how much you matter
To them and to us, and maybe one day after
Things have calmed, and the world is okay
We will let you go away
But for now we need you
You and the things that you do
And remember that whenever you cry
I will tell you I love you, and that is not a lie
Remember that I'm here
By your side, forever, in all this fear
You are not alone, my love
Make a wish on the shooting stars above
I will make it come true
For you.


No comments: