~~This Time It's Different by Evans Blue~~

Language Barriers?

Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Look Closer--The Lycanas Grey Tale Chapter One

You see them, don't you? There! Just over there, a small group of teenagers out for an evening stroll. Talking and laughing, one clearly ahead of the others, two more walking not too far behind and clutching each other like they're the life rafts in a tossing sea, and two others quietly and sedately wandering behind. From where you are, everything seems normal, everything seems happy. Of course, there seems to be something off about the smile on the leader's face, and maybe the two clutching each other were a bit odd, but what could be wrong? What could truly be wrong?

Look closer.

You'll see what's wrong.

What, you're afraid? I don't blame you. But go closer. Get a closer look. They won't hurt you--they won't even realize you're there.

Come on! Grab my hand now, we're going to have to run if we want to catch up to them. Come on, run!

Out of breath? Here, I'll carry you.

Come on, we're here. Quietly now, or they'll hear us.

Ssshhh......They're very close to us now.

Don't be afraid! As long as they don't see us, we're safe......

Listen! Here comes the good part........

A male voice, strong and demanding, calls out, "We won't let them take us down."

"But what if they do?" comes a younger, trembling, female voice.

"Sh, Linette, they won't come near us. We're strong, we can handle them," replies a smoother masculine voice.

"They're the Princes though!" Linette squeaks, and you and I slip up a bit from our concealment to watch as a tiny blond-haired dainty girl manages to scramble even closer to the boy holding her as they walk. Linette, most likely.

"Robby, silence her! She'll only give us away. And we have to do the raid now, or we'll have nothing to eat tonight." comes the first commanding voice, the young man at the lead turning around and walking backwards to face them, his face and eyes dark.

"We shouldn't even be doing this...." Robby mutters, holding Linette tight.

"And so what if they're the Princes? We're the Rulers." comes a new voice, coming from a geeky muddy-brown haired boy following along behind.

This is just bizarre. "Gangs?" you whisper, and I shake my head. "Clubs?" I smile and laugh. You're reaching now, kiddo, and you know it.

And then the fifth makes the truth horribly clear, "Simon, why'd you have to drink the last one? I wanted him."

And Simon, the geeky one, says to his smoky-eyed handsome companion: "He was delicious, I'll admit. But I did bite him first, Jacob."

You gasp.

You can't control it.

Your eyes widen, and you look at me in shock, holding onto my hand even tighter.

But then, with a mocking laugh, I am gone.

Perhaps it's best to leave things unexamined, I think to myself as the five slowly begin to walk towards you, my all-too-gullible companion.

At the very least, it's good that SOMEONE got fed. I think to myself as my stomach rumbles.

I go out to find some very healthy blood to sip on.

This is your favorite untrustworthy vampire Lycanas Grey disappearing into the dark before the dawn. Farewell.


No comments: