~~This Time It's Different by Evans Blue~~

Language Barriers?

Friday, October 7, 2011

Eternal

Does anything ever last forever? Despite all our promises, is it possible for a relationship of any kind to last with someone? Beyond blood relationships, I mean. Stuff like friendships.

Can two people remain friends for life? Can they keep their promises, remain together through the passage of time and distance, all the inevitable fights and disagreements? Is it truly possible?

Everything one day will come to an end.

That's a foregone conclusion.

So for how long can two people remain together?

I'm trying to figure that out. You see, my best friend and I have sworn to find each other in heaven because we can't find each other in life (eight hours between us, and we've never met.) Is it possible for us to keep our promises?

There's a saying that says that love overcomes everything, I'm not sure if it does. I've seen love been overcome by shame, pain, fear, and weakness. And distance destroys everything no matter how hard you try to hold on. If things don't overcome love, they still lessen it.

Maybe you'll have better luck than me and a few of my online friends, but perhaps you won't.

I'm not sure if it's possible for things to last for life.

Nothing lasts forever.

Nothing gold can stay.

I wish you luck in everything that you do, and I'm sorry for not posting at all yesterday. I had a few things going on I had to take care of, and I didn't have the time.

Love Eternal, World

No comments: