~~This Time It's Different by Evans Blue~~

Language Barriers?

Monday, October 10, 2011

Emptiness

"Do you love me?" she asked, looking into my eyes. I looked at her. I wasn't sure. I leaned towards her and kissed her gently. "Not an answer...." she whispered against my lips. I leaned back. She was right. It wasn't.

"I don't know, Sweetheart." I reply, meeting her dark brown eyes. "I don't feel anything."

"I thought you loved me...." she whispered, tears starting to fall from her eyes. I held her tight. I couldn't look at her anymore.

"I would love you if I had a heart......" I replied, closing my eyes tightly. Sweetheart brushed her hand against my cheek, and I shivered.

"You do have a heart, you have the biggest heart in the world....." she said, trying to get me to respond to her hands on my shoulders, on my face.

"No I don't....." I tell her, and I kiss her again. She shoves me back gently.

"Alakina, stop." she tells me. "Stop. Tell me what's going on."

"I don't know. I don't feel. I don't know what I'm doing. I'm sorry Sweetheart."

"You never should have gotten close to me....I'll only hurt you, I'm dangerous...."

"I've been hurt so much that I can't be hurt anymore."

"You're wrong. You're a good person! I love you, Alakina!"

"I would love you if I had a heart."

No comments: