~~This Time It's Different by Evans Blue~~

Language Barriers?

Sunday, October 30, 2011

Cold Comfort--Life Post

A conversation between my friend and me.

Me: I don't have anything left here do I?
Anna: Yes you do. You have me, Saira, Dylan, and all the others. You aren't alone.
Me: But she's gone!
Anna: So? You're going to be okay babe; no matter how much you try and fight it, the fact is she never meant that much to you.
Me: She was everything to me! The first girl I ever loved.
Anna: Don't go spouting that cr*p to me. Of all the people you know, who knows you better than I? You loved her, yes, but it wasn't true was it? 
Me: It was true! I meant everything I said to her
Anna: You told her you would always love her and her alone, correct? And then look at what you did! You go and fall for Joseph.
Me: So this is all my fault?
Anna: No. Look, babe, it's a mutual thing. Both of you weren't able to handle a relationship.
Me: You really suck at comforting......
Anna: Yeah, sorry 'bout that. How're you feeling?
Me: Empty. But I'm thinking about what you said....
Anna: Love you babe. You will be okay, don't forget that. And it wasn't your fault, don't you dare blame yourself for this. And yes maybe she is gone forever, but you WILL survive it. You WILL make it through this. The emptiness will fade.
Me: Love you too Anna. Thank you.

No comments: